original

Sunday, June 4, 2017

Latinas Arts & Crafts Reto #67

Hello fellow Scrappers!

It's been so long since I last posted, I had to reset my password! I hope the format hasn't changed much, since I'm definitely a little rusty blogging.  Well, my friends so much has happened since I last posted.  I rarely have time to craft, I'm teaching a new grade level, my oldest has moved to NYC, my youngest has completed his first year of college, and for heavens sakes... the country has elected a new leader that I would have never, in a million years, foreseen.  But here we are... enjoying the blessings of another day filled with sunshine and smiles.  And if you're here, reading this, then you too are blessed with a little extra time to peruse the internet in search of information and pictures about our shared passion - Papercrafts! 

So here it is, my little piece to share:





I created this tag in order to participate in a papercraft challenge being hosted by a lovely group of ladies over at Latinas Arts & Crafts Blog.  Reto #67 challenges participants to prepare any project of their choice as long as it includes "Hilos e Hilazas" (threads and yarns.) In order to meet the requirements, I first intertwined thread throughout the flowers. Next, I used jute to spell out the word "love."  I glued it directly onto the tag, and then gave it a coat of gesso, to both brighten the jute's natural fiber color and to harden it into place. Although jute isn't exactly "yarn," I'm hoping to still be eligible for this fun challenge.  Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed visiting.  
Have a great day!

Yvonne

10 comments:

  1. Hi Yvonne, Great project! It is amazing how you use mix media technique for creating this beautiful and elegant tag. Each detail looks amazing. I love the word "love" created with yute. Thanks a lot for participating with us in Latinas Arts & Crafts's Challenge #67. Kind regards. Patry DT LA&C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Yvonne, beautiful and elegant project. Much creativity. I love the word "Love", yes, account the yute as yarn.
    Thanks for participating us in LA&C #67. DT Marghe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Un proyecto totalmente increíble, hermosos y románticos detalles. Combinado de delicados tonos. Me encanta como luce la palabra amor con el yute.
    Gracias por acompañarnos.
    DT Polly - LAC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful project, I love how you mix techniques and elements, I see the word 'love' wonderful. Thank you for participating in Latinas Arts & Crafts.
    Nancy Dt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great that you come back to enter our challenges
    We miss your beautiful projects
    I loved your tag ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work, you did an excellent job with the yarn, I love the word "love" looks perfectly drawn. I love your tag !!!
    Thanks for joining us in this challenge.
    Adela DT Latinas Arts & Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hermoso tag, me encanto el LOVE escrito con hilo, las flores,colores, elementos. Todo luce muy lindo. Gracias por acompañarnos en los retos de Latinas Arts & Crafts

    ReplyDelete

  8. It is a beautiful tag the letters "love" look very delicate, thanks for joining us in Latinas Arts and Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Quedo precioso tu tag!! me encanto, gracias por participar en Latinas Arts and Crafts!

    ReplyDelete